Harold Silvershore

[1834/1835][EN] Are Silvershores allowed to become aurors?

Tuesday the 10th of March - In the Afternoon - Aurors Offices

Beware of the spoiled brat that managed to convince his tutor that it was of the utmost importance that he could speak to an auror. Because obviously, Harold was destined to become an auror (something his mother would loudly protest if the tutor would ever tell her of Harold's ambition), so he had to prepare for the future! He had to find an auror and talk to said auror and learn all the fun things that being an auror entailed.

Of course Harold had aimed on speaking to Nicholas Eversly, because hello, he was the head of the aurors, but apparently Mr Eversly was really busy. With life, or something like that. So Harold ran through the offices, followed by his tutor pleading him not to get into the way of the very busy aurors, until he found one that looked nice.

And because Louise Deniaud somehow attracts annoying little boys, she was his victim.

"Are you an auror?" was his first question, but he hardly waited for her to confirm until he asked the next one: "Have you ever arrested someone? No, wait, have you ever killed someone?" He stared at her with big eyes. "I so want to kill someone."

He's not serious, by the way.

I hope.

OOC:
@@Louise Deniaud

Please don't arrest him.

Edited by Harold Silvershore

Louise didn’t like it when children were in the offices. Mostly because if you could find a child in an auror’s office, that meant it was probably bad news. Children should never ever be involved in business that needed an auror, but they all too often were. Louise hated it. She hated staring at their teary faces. Hated having to ask them things that would be hard to answer. She’d want to hug them and tell them things would be all right and sometimes she could, but other times the children were so scared, they didn’t want to be touched. And sometimes “it will be all right” was a lie. Luckily it didn’t happen that often.

And then there were kids like this boy. Kids who were apparently fans and wanted to ask them uncomfortable questions, followed by a nanny or some other staff member. A rich kid, probably belonging to one of the ministry workers. Louise instantly disliked him. Mostly because he said he wanted to kill someone. ”I am an auror.” Louise said. ”And no, I have not killed anyone. You shouldn’t either. Killing is bad, even if you’re good and it’s better to knock someone unconscious if you need to.” She paused for a moment. ”Not that you should! Knocking people unconscious is bad.”

Yeah, yeah, Harold knew that killing was bad and all, but he wasn't here for a lecture! So he pulled a face, but because Louise was the closest auror around that didn't seem busy, he wasn't going to leave her alone just yet. He just wanted information, okay! He wanted to know everything she could tell him, because being an auror sounded so much fun.

"Really?" he quickly asked. "Have you knocked lots of people unconscious? I bet you have!" He grinned at the woman. "You sound French, are you French? Mama says that French people are very volatile, are you volatile? You must be, if you like knocking people unconscious!"

Oh, mon dieu... Was this child serious? She knew children normally didn’t know what they were talking about, but surely she’d been more responsible when she was his age. Though to be fair, at his age she’d never known the comfort of a warm bed. She knew exactly what violence was and how it felt to be knocked unconscious. She knew about hunger and pain and the horrors of living on the streets as a child. All things that left a mark and she should be happy that a child such as this one could afford to have a childish view of violence. He wouldn’t always feel like that. So she just sighed and pointed to a chair where he could sit down. She sat down in a chair opposite him. Maybe if she kept talking to him, he wouldn’t cause havoc somewhere else. She could keep him distracted.

”Yes, I’m French,” she said, ”and we’re not volatile. We’re fighters. Us French people fight against injustice whenever we can. We don’t like knocking people unconscious, but we also know that sometimes it’s necessary.” Ok, fine, not all French people were like that. But she loved her own country and she hated the English view of it. Maybe a little lie to make dear France seem better wasn’t so bad. ”That’s why I became an auror. To fight against injustice.”

Edited by Louise Deniaud

Ew. Fighting against injustice sounded boring and Harold pulled a lovely face to disagree with her. Because he was a child, okay? "That sounds boring," he sighed. "I thought aurors were fun." Oh Harold. "But I guess knocking someone unconscious could still b fun, even for the right reasons." He shrugged.

"Can you teach me?"

Teach him? Teach him? How to knock people unconscious? Was he... When she was his age she already knew how to do it, but when she was his age, she’d been homeless all her life. She had to. This boy looked clean, well cared for, with mended clothes and cut hair. ”I can not.” She simply said at first, but then realised she probably needed something else to satisfy the young boy. Though up until now he didn’t seem satisfied by anything. ”Us aurors use very... secret techniques. We can not just show them to anyone. It might show the criminals what we are capable of. You understand, right? Where is your guardian?”

Harold frowned at the woman. He wasn't that used to the word no, to be honest, because most people gave him what he wanted. Of course, he hadn't demanded of anyone that they taught him how to knock people unconscious, but he hadn't expected a problem. Why would he? He was a Silvershore!

"I am not a criminal!" he objected. "I am a Silvershore, I come from an old and upstanding family, that would never do anything illegal!"

Hahahahahahaha.

"And I am insulted you think otherwise!"

Oh Merlin’s beard! Old and upstanding family, for fuck’s sake. Dégage toi, bourgeois.

Yeah, fine, he was a little boy, but she’d been his age once and she’d known better than to be like that. And she was apparently a Kingsley-Savage or whatever. Granted, she hadn’t known at the time and she’d lived on the streets so maybe their lives weren’t very comparable, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to do that anyway. ”Well, I am sorry.” She said, only slightly sarcastically. ”I am sure the Silvershores are very respectable.” She barely knew who they were. ”I am Louise Deniaud. Of the... Kingsley-Savage family.” That was apparently important to him? Families and their names. She didn’t know. And she actually didn’t care very much. But maybe it’d make him a little less insufferable knowing that she was from one of those big, fancy families too. ”Do you need help finding your way back to your Silvershores?”

You know, his last name sounded quite silly in her French accent. I wish I knew French a little better to write down a deep and thoughtful breakdown of why exactly her pronunciation sounded funny to him, but eh… no. Sorry. Not happening. My French teacher is very disappointed that I practically know nothing more than 'bonjour' and 'ca va'. Harold knew French, of course, everyone knew French in his circles. They were better then the French, but they did know French!

"Oh, I know the Kingsley-Savages!" he said, excited. "Helios is my friend." And obviously, she knew who Helios was. "But you have a different name than the rest of them…" He frowned. "Are you married? My mother used to be a Rochester, but now she's a Silvershore too. Who did you marry?"

He ignored the question about finding his way back.

Ahahaha... Oh dear... How was she going to explain "no, I'm a bastard" to a child? Simple answer... Not. It wasn't appropriate. Well, it was fine to her, it always had been, but society had slightly different rules and she didn't want the boy to make a scene in the middle of an auror's office. She didn't know if he would, but if he didn't know what a bastard was, he'd want her to explain it, because this boy liked asking too many personal questions and she couldn't explain it because it involved elements his parents should be telling him. "No, no, I am not married." She said. "I just...changed my name to be more French, because I am from France." There. That seemed like a believable explanation, right? "But how nice to know you are friends with Helios." She met him once, right? She might have. There were so many Kingsley-Savages and she was a daughter of the heir so they liked talking to her. "If I see him I will tell him I spoke to you."

She did not marry. Well then. Harold nodded, the conversation about marriages practically already forgotten, and focused instead on the idea that Louise Deniaud was French. "I can speak French," he started, in French, which I do not speak, so the post will continue to be in English. Confusing. But from now on, he spoke French. "Do you know my tutor? Monsieur Fabron?" Of course she did. All Frenchies knew each other.

"Maybe you should marry monsieur Fabron." Whoops, guess the marriage conversation wasn't over yet. Sorry. 

Well there went her plan to pretend she suddenly forgot how to speak English. Damn the English upper class. What was there obsession with French? Fine, yes, it was nice to be able to speak in her native language, but it was impossible to find an excuse not to speak to them, because all of them understood her perfectly. Or at least, they all pretended they did and got upset at her if she didn't understand their bad attempts at speaking the language. And he wouldn't stop it with the personal questions. The more he spoke, the more awkward he became. Was he seriously suggesting she should marry his tutor? Seriously? Had his parents just taught him what marriage was or something? Where did the obsession come from?

"Ah, no, I don't know any Monsieur Fabron." She said, also in French. "Besides, I wouldn't have time for marriage. Aurors are very busy people." Please, kid, please don't know any other aurors.

No time? Harold frowned at her, in confusion. Who didn't have time for a marriage? His parents had never spend much time together, for as far as he knew. Just dinner, sometimes. "Does marriage cost that much time?" he asked. "Because that doesn't sound fun, who would want to get married then?" 

And surely aurors weren't that much busier than his uncle and grandfather! Those two were practically always at work. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.